Quick Installation Guide:
M.A.R.S Bio-Med Processes Inc.
AmalgamBOSS and LibertyBOSS separators
******** Please note ********
Inlet is the top threaded insert (Dome)
(From chairs) Outlet is the bottom threaded insert
(Legs)(To vacuum pump)
- Make a note of the vacuum pump pressure prior to starting the installation.
- Find the hose that connects the operatory to the vacuum pump.
- Make sure to drain the evacuation line of all fluid before turning the vacuum pump off, to avoid spillage.
- Turn off the vacuum pump.
- Cut the hose to allow connection to the AmalgamBOSS or LibertyBOSS separator.
- If a solids collector cup is installed please keep connected.
- **Read optional steps 7, 8, 9 and 10 if an elbow is necessary for restricted access installations. If an elbow is not required, proceed now to Step 11.
- Prepare a 1 ½” ID (38 mm) closed nipple (Dual male ends) with Teflon tape and screw the taped nipple into the threaded inlet of the separator. Tighten.
- Now attach a 1 ½” ID (38 mm) elbow (45 or 90 degree as required) onto the exposed end of the taped closed nipple referred
to in Step 7.
- With Teflon tape, prepare the male threaded end of one of the connectors (male threaded to barbed). Screw this taped end into the threaded inlet of the elbow.
- Proceed with Step 12 below.
- Prepare two threaded male to barbed adaptors with the Teflon tape and screw into the inlet and outlet of the unit.
- Find the hose that comes from the operatory in step 4.
Heat the end with the heat gun until pipe is pliable. Do not over heat.
Slide the hose over the barbed fitting on the inlet of the unit.
Place a clamp over the hose securing it onto the fitting.
Do the same for the outlet end.
- Turn on pump and check visually for water leaks.
- Check your gauge to see if it is still the same. Note pressure change if any.
Optional steps 7, 8, 9 10 and 11 for restricted access: